Thought of the day~

Thursday, May 1, 2008















Do you ever take the time to appreciate your surroundings? Yea I know that sometimes it it is hard to do that when life is so hectic and busy. But if you really took the time to appreciate the littlest things around you and the beauty that it brings, you could bring forth a new appreciation for the little things that god blesses us with everyday! In this life you are pretty privileged if you have a bed to sleep in, or shoes on your feet. But we get so caught up in lifes challenges that we never take in none of those simple gifts. Life gets pretty hard for me at times, but when I think of all the people in the world that have it 10 times harder than me, it's kinda silly for me to get caught up in the things I don't have instead of the things I do have. Living in the projects get pretty hard at times, and it's hard to look beyond the rough spaces. But when I stopped and looked, I found so much beauty in my neighborhood. Sometimes I sit on my back porch in the early mornings, and look at the sky. Around six in the morning the sky is this orange, pink, and purple color. Looking at it warms my soul and I feel so at peace. I have a lot of trees in my backyard, so I love watching the colors change through seasons. I know this might sound alittle poetic to some, but whats wrong with appreciating what you have! I think most of us are not happy with where we are, but we will get there. Life biggest treasures come from the littlest things. The next time you walk outside your house breath in the sun's glow. Take a moment to just breath. Weather it's looking at the sky, or walking down the street. Just take in your small blessing and be thankful~God bless

1 comments: to “ Thought of the day~ so far...

  •  

    This is very inspirational. I use to be one of those people who thought life was about negative thinking and nothing more can come better. But this message is so true, if we take the time to look at the simplest things that truly matter and know that whatever you're going through is alright then I believe it would be alittle more less stressful people out there. Thanks for this.